Thursday 12 January 2012

The Paper Dress

So I had a load of brown paper kept from Amazon packages, thinking that it would come in handy with my art work at some point. As time went and the pile became a mini mountain, I decided that I would try and make a dress out of it. I had bought a dress makers mannequin nearly a year ago and hadn't done anything with it, so i thought i'd give it a bash. I had to do something with all that paper!
I really enjoyed the process and have learnt from a few errors that I made (like the dress needs to come off the mannequin when it's completed, and had to be cut off. Also that I should probably measure my model not guesstimate). I liked the final out come and was feeling adventurous to make a hat to come along with dress. I can't wait to finish making my Candy dress made from sweet wrappers left over from Christmas. Fun!












Imagery copyrighted to Gemma West

1 comment:

  1. I want to live in your house Gem, it always looks like you have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete