Wednesday 11 January 2012

Joker and a Valentine

Okay, it's been a while since I last posted...Whoa that long! But I haven't been idle in my absence. I have an exciting shoot coming up with a dress that I made myself, completely from paper. I've also started work on another dress made entirely from Candy wrappers left over from Christmas, what else was I going to do with them? I've also been working on a little memento box for my friend and I can't wait to send it off to her so I can finally upload the images to my blog. As well as doing all this I've found time to work on some illustrations I outlined before Christmas and these are the results. Let me know what you think.

The first image is called 'Valentine' which is a drawing from a shoot I did with my sister a couple of weeks ago. It was a 50's style shoot inspired by the 50's dress I had in the back of my wardrobe that I forgot about, we played around with different poses and props and I thought that one of the photos would make an excellent Valentines day image.

The next Image is from the same 50's shoot, I loved the laughter in the photo. We had such fun doing the poses and there was a lot of joking and messing around that I decided to combine our fun on the shoot and came up with the Joker. And i'm thinking of going further and doing some more/maybe all the playing cards.

And the last image is a rough idea of the paper dress I made which I will photograph soon, and will be up on my blog at the end of the week.







All imagery copyrighted to Gemma West

1 comment:

  1. I love these! There so dak and beautiful! My favourite is the valentine. Very grungey! But the eyes say everything :) EEeeee a memento box! I wanna see! I wanna see! eeee!

    ReplyDelete